5 months ago
Prizes, Prizes, and more Prizes!
If building a project with Google Maps Platform wasn’t enough incentive for you, here’s a reminder of the prize potential for eligible submissions:
- $5,000 for the Best Map Customization
- $5,000 for the Most Creative User Experience
- $5,000 for the Best Data Visualization
- $5,000 for the Most Mobile Friendly
- $1,000 for four (4) Honorable Mentions
The winning projects also get a virtual coffee with a Google Maps Platform team member and promotion of your hackathon project, subject to Google’s discretion.
This list, along with an important note on multiple prize eligibility, can be found on the hackathon site page and within the rules.
As a reminder, here is the main requirement for the challenge:
What to Build
Build an application that uses at least two Google Maps Platform APIs within at least one category:
- Map Customization - Customize your maps using cloud styling
- Data Visualization - Visualize data on a map to tell a meaningful story
- Mobile App - Mobile app that is built using any one of our mobile SDKs
- User Experience - Most unique idea and map experience
What to Submit
- Demo video. Show the judges your project in a recorded demo. Your video should be less than 3 minutes and show the project functioning as described.
- Open Source Code. Your GitHub project code repository must include an open source license. Provide a link to your open source repository in your submission.
- Write up. Be sure to include a description of your project. Explain why you built your project and how you used Google Maps Platform.
For additional inspiration, check out these latest demos built using the latest Google Maps Platform APIs.
Good luck and happy coding!